Monday 2 June 2014

Sell your old law textbooks

Have you ever thought of selling your old law textbooks online? Of course you have, every law blog is advertising ways for you to sell your old textbooks for cash.

As a fresher I remember scouring amazon for hours looking for the cheapest versions of the textbooks on the reading list, debating whether the reduction in price justified getting a older version, which obviously it didn't. So would I sell them on now? No.

Even if I did get the books with quite a heavy discount by buying online, I've grown attached to them. I've spent hours with my nose buried deep within these books- how will I know I won't need them again? Maybe I'll feel different in my final year, when they're gathering dust but still only worth a pittance compared to what I bought them for.

If you are thinking of selling your old law textbooks, there are some recommended sites which you should take a look at. We compared the price you'd get for a barely used Constitutional and Administrative Law textbook by Hilaire Barnett (10th edition) which was bought new online from amazon from around £30 only a year ago:



Which is a shocking decrease in value! I think the just-in-case value is worth more than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you think so please comment below!