Friday 7 March 2014

Law and Criminology personal statment example

Are you thinking about studying Law and Criminology at degree level? Are you looking for a Law and Criminology personal statement? Well, here's mine to give you some ideas...
My extra-curricular activities have given me a lot of valuable skills to apply to other situations. Within school I regularly volunteer my time to help with clubs and organisations which benefit the younger students. I enjoy being a peer counsellor and am an active member within the club, helping to run events such as anti-bullying week while still maintaining the level of support and compassion the role requires. Last year I involved myself within the paired reading scheme, helping a younger student to develop their reading skills and this year I was selected to help children with Dyslexia to read once a week. Becoming a house prefect and later a school prefect has taught me how to adapt well to certain situations and relate to different people, the role requires responsibility and maturity as you are a role model to the younger students. As well as supervising certain areas of the school during break and dinner I have been given the responsibility of working closely with a year 7 form. In this position I work with not only the younger students to provide support and help, but also teachers to ensure that the students take as much from this experience as I have.
I also undertook a volunteer work placement at [a] Primary School where I built upon my organisation and leadership skills by assisting the teacher with a variety of age groups, and I continue to volunteer there at school events. Over the summer I volunteered at a Multi-Agency team who support children and families with additional needs, helping them to organise and supervise team building and awareness events. Outside of school I participate in many activities such as skiing, swimming and scuba diving, all of which I have achieved awards for. I particularly enjoy Oz-boxing which I was introduced to over the summer while volunteering at the Multi-Agency Team and attend regularly, so this would be something I would be interested in continuing at university.
I have taken English Language and I.C.T and continued them from AS to A2. Studying English Literature at AS level has encouraged independent research and wider reading which developed my skills in self-disciplined study. I.C.T has given me skills such as in-depth computer knowledge, an awareness of business and clerical skills. English language involves essay writing, analytical skills and working to deadlines which are all skills that will benefit me in further education.
I know that university students should be dedicated, hardworking and motivated I believe that I possess all of these skills. Through my extra-curricular activities and work experience I have developed many skills in a short period of time and I continue to build upon them in everyday life. I would relish the opportunity to study at your university and I will apply myself, not only to the course, but also to wider aspects of university life in order to gain the best possible experience.
This personal statement got me conditional offers from all 5 universities I applied for! So, even though its not directly solely at Law and Criminology (as I applied for a whole range of different courses) it is still a great example of a personal statement. 

Please don't just copy any personal statements you see on the internet and please don't copy this one. One you've written yourself will be much better for you in the long run- I used mine as the basis for my now rather impressive c.v. This is for educational purposes to give you some ideas only. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you think so please comment below!